CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Staley is going to be one responsible adult. or need therapy because of me.


Just for a little background, my seven year old staley is very anxious/mature. She has all the anxieties of a thirty year old jammed in this little seven year old body. If we are at the park and she wants to go play, she asks me if I will watch the babies. My own children. As if I wasn't already. Well she had the worlds biggest birthday party in November, where she received 40 dollars in target gift cards. Well her mother who is a seven year old stretched into a 30 year old body, hasn't taken her to spend them yet. So on Saturday , we went shopping. I was coaching her on the way to the store. That 40 dollars is a lot of money. I was telling her she should buy clothes, because, we have had several instances where we have had to throw away her new school clothes. Accidentally cut a hole in one, terrible irremovable stains in several. Anyway so she wants to buy a toy and I am coaxing her to buy some clothes.
We get to the store and I manipulate our path to the clothes department and start showing her cute clothes. She quickly finds something she likes and is very excited about. We are twenty dollars down. She asks me about some shoes all her friends have, so we go to the shoe department and find the shoes. She is very excited. Well, we have reached our limit. I explain to staley she has spent all her money.
Okay this is were the story begins and the background ends. Brevity is not my strong point. Staley says, "Mom lets go, I really want this, I don't want to look at anything else." I said okay but a bright red pair of shoes caught my eye. I spent some time trying them on and decided to purchase them even though I had told my husband I wouldn't spend any money. In the time I have tried these shoes on staley is starting to hyperventilate. "Mom, I spent all my money you have got to get me out of here before I want something else." She got a DS for christmas and Me with my ill budgeting sense am tempting this poor little girl. Lets just go look at the ds stuff real quick. Mom, Then I will want something else, I already spent my money. Again I got distracted by a shiny black pair of shoes and tried them on. Staley continues to get more anxious. Mom lets go. I resist on the black shoes and take them over to look at the DS stuff. I say to staley, "maybe I will buy you the shoes and you can buy something for your DS." We take a few more steps and staley has almost lost it. In full whine, she says mom I have to know before we go over there if you are going to buy the shoes or not. If you aren't I don't even want to look. This poor little girl. Is trying to be responsible and I am really trying to push her. Well I am embarrassed to admit the story goes on. We did go look at the ds stuff which was completely depleted. So finally a half an hour later we left the store with Staley's purchases. In writing this blog, I am feeling terribly guilty she was trying to do what I asked her and I am the devil's helper persuading her all the way to buy a toy. She will probably need therapy some day in my aftermath.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is too funny! she is so sweet, I just love her! So what did she end up with? and did you end up buying anything?

Precept said...

what's a DS? Are we that far out of the loop? Heather

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just read this about staley and laughed for a while. It just shows you are a great mom with lots of discipline until you go to the store. I think it's same for everybody except stalen - Vaughn