CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Christmas was magical this year.

We had an amazing christmas this year. The kids are all very fun ages. They all believed. We did every tradition I could possibly dream up. Caroling, gingerbread houses 3x, santaland, drive through nativity, sugar cookie decorating, dounuts at krispy kreme, christmas pictures, lights at ransom canyon, singing christmas carols, christmas eve program, any type of food that slightly resembles christmas. We had 3 of 4 sets of grandparents for Christmas.
Christmas eve the kids were in bed by 6:30 but not asleep until 9:00. They were watching out the window, pretend sleeping, but mostly giggling.

Christmas Morning
Our kids had been begging for a DS since the summer. Dad was on board immediately and I of course, caved in November after the Santa letters were written. It is probably the last year we will all believe. Well, like it is a big surprise to anyone that our kids are spoiled. I thought it would be lost or broken in a week. To date, we haven't lost one pen, game, plug. They have been very responsible with them. They play them all the time. Can you tell I am still having some buyers remorse?

Staley left Christmas afternoon to go spend two weeks with her cousin in Ohio.
Grandnan and papa Al came for christmas.
Gingerbread houses take 2!!
New pajamas for Christmas eve!

Daddy's christmas gift, his favorite place to sit.
In the background is his cmas to himself about three weeks early. Oh and guitar hero. Canyon's christmas PJ'sChristmas dresses on black friday and a suit for our little man.






The kids decorated their own trees this year and mommy got her own fancy tree. well after about a week you couldn't tell who decorated what.

8 comments:

Jennie said...

So Melissa Kim said you couldn't figure out how to get to my blog. Well try clicking on my picture.

Unknown said...

yay for christmas! thanks for sharing!

Karen S. said...

Hey Smiths, I know first warders aren't supposed to associate (and I assume that means look at each other's blogs) with second warders, but I couldn't help admiring all the cute pictures of your family. Thanks for hopping on the blogging bandwagon. I hope you don't mind that we added your blog to our blog list. We'll be checking in on you all the time now. If you want to see our blog, I think you can just click on the blue "The Snow Family" link at the top of this comment.

April said...

Melissa,
Your family is so v. cute, it would be even cuter in Houston!!!!! (I know, I'm shameless.)

Anonymous said...

Melissa- the kids look so cute! I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered something about showing off your new teeth on this blog? Strangely, I don't see a single picture of yourself....hmmmmm....I wonder who's screening the pictures! I am requesting one picture of yourself...or else I can wait until June and see them in person! :)
~Angie

Kathleen said...

Melissa, You are one of the BEST mom's I know. I think you are amazing, and you can dance, too!

Jennie said...

Melissa I am letting you know that you ought to update your blog I keep checking back and there hasn't been anything new in a bit. I know you have tons of time on your hands so come on. UPDATE!!

jaemiheaps said...

you have a super cute family...