CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I finished. but not very well..

I did the triathalon two saturdays ago. Wow it was harder than I thought it would be. The swim was a nightmare, bike was fun and energizing, the run (well walk really) was hard. However, my goal was to finish in under two hours and not be dead last. For the record I only trained a handful of times. I felt really awesome to just say that I had done it. I am doing another on October 18 in St George with Andrea and anyone else who wants to. It is a perfect starter. There are three divisions. sprint 400 meters swim (in a pool that is going to be infinitely easier)
bike 12 miles
run 5k
Or you can do the beginners tri which is half of all those distances. Or a kids division which is 50m across the pool and back and 1.5 mile bike and .5 mile run. Matt and staley are representing in those races.
I found this training schedule online We have exactly 8 weeks left so come on. Game on
My goal is to cut ten minutes off my time.

13 comments:

jaemiheaps said...

I may have to seriously consider this.....

Gaylene said...

You're my HERO!! Holy cow, I'm so proud of you!! You inspire me girl!! Miss ya like crazy too!!

wood0306 said...

Congrats again on the big race.... It was so good to see you. We had a blast there all day!

Elegante Family said...

Way to go. Yeah we are still in Utah living it up. I heard through the grape vine that you were moving back? How is your family doing. It has been a long time since I saw you. I think that it was your cousins wedding. Wow time flies talk to you soon. Tell Matt hi for me.

Jason and Audrey said...

Good job I'm so proud of you! yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey, girl! You are very inspiring. You are so healthy, and a beautiful mother of four. Wow!!! Wish you were back in Lubbock so some of that bad-assness would rub off on me.

Andrea said...

Don't tell me there's only 8 weeks!!! I haven't done much lately. Now I feel so committed to being un-awesome. Ugh!

The Mortensens said...

HI, How's UT? That is so cool that you did a triathalon. I just ran a 5K and I had the same goal- to finish and not be last. I was released from Achievement Days just after you left, so I'm not cursing you :) We miss you guys, especially your girls. They are so sweet.

April said...

You are so amazing! Go you.

The Strattons said...

Melissa... How are you? It's crazy how many people are blogging now. It's been a really long time, but it sounds like life is treating you very well. Congrats on the triathalon finish... I wish I had the stamena for that!! - Tara

chiara family said...

You are amazing!!!!

AMAZING!!!

scottandangelle@gmail.com said...

Way to gooooooooooo!!!! You are an inspiration to the rest of the family!

wood0306 said...

Are you guys still alive out there? Give a shout out if you need some help ;)