CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What have I gotten myself into????

Last May, I learned of the sprint triathlon. I was intrigued. I have thought about it all year wanting to do one. Everytime I hear of one in my area it is in a month or so.(not enough time to train) It has been my goal for a year. Well two weeks ago Lori told me there is one in stansbury park in August. I chatted her up about it and told her good luck. She called me on Saturday and said her sister in law broke her foot and they had a free spot in the triathalon. Well I agreed, It must have been all the mercury floating somewhere in my GI tract. So Today I sit only 17 days away. Scared to death. But I am going to do it. If I don't force myself, I will never do it. It will be a sort of baseline. I will try it again on October 18 and hope for a much better time. check my sis in law with great hair blog if you are interested in joining us. It is in st george. There is a sprint a beginner and a kids tri.
A sprint tri is
400 meter swim 8 laps in a standard pool.
12 mile bike
5k run.
monday I biked 6 miles and ran 2 miles
tuesday I biked 15 miles and swam a very short distance in the actual lake. green with tons of weeds
wed I ran for fifty minutes.
If any has any advice on training in such a short time. I need all the help I can get.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Good luck with your training! Kim told me your going to go the Marathon Relay with us. It should be really fun. It will be like cake compared to your triathalon.

wood0306 said...

Stansbury days is a ton of fun! Miah and the kids just love it. They do the card board boat race. Then try to get in and race to a point in hope that they don't sink. It's really fun to watch!

Jason and Audrey said...

Good for you! Good luck, you'll do awesome!

Nordy's said...

Okay Melissa, now you HAVE to get a good road bike! I just got a TREK Madone 4.5 and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it... even though I nearly ate it yesterday forgetting to clip out of my pedals! Good luck!

Andrea said...

This link is pretty good. Maybe you can just start it in the last couple weeks of training since that's how long you have.

http://www.trinewbies.com/tno_trainingprograms/10wtp.pdf