CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The SAC triathalon

We almost missed the triathalon. We spent the weekend in las vegas and St. George. It was UEA so the kids were out of school and matt had the week off. So we spent wed night at matt and holly's. We spent Thursday night at Dallon's (matts bff). We went to jumpin jacks and matt and Dallon really broke it down. look at the pics here
They took us to the yummiest, most aromatic, fun ambiancest restaurant. Well Matt and I woke up about six hours before the triathalon feeling TERRIBLE. Well I have been pregnant A LOT and I feel I have mastered the art of throwing up. Well not with food posioning I was out of control. I really thought we wouldn't be able to do the triathalon. We were suppose to leave at 7:30 and about 8:00 we decided to give it a go. So we threw everything including our kids in a crazy mess into the suburban and cruised over to the event. Matt gets the level headed award for getting the wheels on all the bikes. Figuring out andrea's bike and remembering to adjust the seats.

Matt entered the beginner divison. He was still pretty sick and worried about having an accident in the pool. (I know tmi but here at happy hay we like to keep it real. )






Matt did a cannon ball to officially begin the race. All day you could hear people whisper. "There is that guy who did a cannon ball."




Staley entered the kids division. She had a lot of fun. Look at the determination on her face on the bike. She came in second in the girls division and there was about 25 kids. They were standing at the finish line with medals and she is super proud of it. I actually shed a tear when she crossed the finish line.

























Andrea is an amazing runner I couldn't even see her the entire run. She smoked me with a capital S. But it was fun.


















The swim was great I was actually surprised it was over. I rented a bike that felt like it had a motor. It was super easy. AND THEN THE RUN. I did terrible. When the run started I was about eleven minutes ahead of my time from the last tri. I did a 12 minute mile. Hello I should be able to walk it that fast. Well a runner I am not but I had a LOT of fun and I am glad I did it. Thanks to Wes for some amazing photography skills and babysitting all the kids.









7 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations Staley! You guys are awesome!

Lisa said...

Good for you guys! I looks like a lot of fun. Hope things are going well in your new place.
Lisa Bylund

Kathleen said...

Way to go, Melissa! You are awesome. I'm sorry you guys got sick. Think what you could have done in top form!!!!

Unknown said...

Words of Wisdom from Andy:

If you are worried about leaving a mess in the pool, generally it is not a good idea to start out with a cannonball. It just seems counter intuitive.

wood0306 said...

Wow.... You guys are awesome. Fun pics of all of you!!! That girl of yours has some serious determination. Congratulations to all of you!!!

P.S.
Kathy wants you to add her as your friend on facebook :)

Emili said...

Sorry again about the food! We'll be sure to NOT order the BBQ chicken. but I must admit, I've already been back there TWICE or the sweet potato fries. The baby just can't get enough of em!

Good job for racing anyway! You should come down more often!

Bliss said...

Melissa - so glad you found our blog!! Kayla loves your kids - I've just posted her address and I know she would love to get a note and picts of you guys. Hope you are doing great in UT! Love the triathalon story!