CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Captain Zodiac dolphin swin in Kona







This was SO INCREDIBLE. I have always wanted to do some sort of dolphin encounter. This was the real deal. No silly pool with one dolphin. We rode out in this boat and watched this huge pod of dolphins until they got really close and then we jumped in. My camera isn't waterproof and the boat ride out was two hands hold on tight so I stole these pictures off their site. We saw over a hundred dolphins swim just under us. Well these pictures don't really do it justice. Next time I will buy a waterproof camera.
On the way out to see the dolphins we saw a huge seven foot mana ray. The guide starts telling us to hurry and get in if we want to see it. So I frantically got on my snorkle and fins and jumped in. I was cruising over to see the mana ray and I swam right beside it for 3-4 minutes which seems like eternity in 1000 ft waters. I couldn't see anyone else so I look out of the water and everyone is still in the boat. I am out in the water with a huge ray ALONE.

1 comments:

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound! It looks like you had so much fun. We're glad we got to see you!