CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Well I think the word is officialy out...

This morning, Matt is packing his bags and on his way to utah to interview in Tooele. So if you are in favor of the move hold your breath and pray. If you are a lubbock fan (guns up) cast your vote in heaven. Initially I was very excited. I think just for a change. Really I will be happy either way. Matt really wants to live by his family. I respect that and want my husband to be happy. If all my siblings lived in one state, we would be there in a flash no matter the cost of living. So I am excited to see what happens and hope all goes well. This will be an ever growing list as I mull over the decision.

Pros for Lubbock
watching staley and brinley walk to school together from my bedroom window.
Murfee
st lukes
Cheap house
great ward
ballroom dancing
football season
inertia (we are already here, it is easier)
missionary opportunities
my mom babysits my kids EVERYDAY!!! (to all the siblings she is mine now BACK OFF)
NO SNOW those should really be reason 1 and 2
my 5:15 step class
Deep in the heart of texas
close lake 6 months out of the year!!!
brownfield
VOLLEYBALL TEAM

Pros for Utah
New
my husband will be happy
bradshaws
kim
bunko
matts family
sunday dinner with matts family
my cousins
my dad
dad's horses
dad helping me with a garden. these are in no specific order I am just rambling
closer to holly
small town
skiing
we can go somewhere other than utah for vacation
matt gets every fifth week off
temple square
mormon books at the library


I have probably forgotten something so don't be offended just weigh in your vote.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

you left Volleball of the Lubbock list :)

melissa smith said...

oh my goodness that is an extreme over sight of course.

Precept said...

You'll be at a major airport so you could visit more often...of course we know your bummed to be further away from us!!! But you can't have everything. We could be a stop on your vacation list :)

I suppose it would give us a reason to visit Utah again.

Be sure and take your mom with you or Angie and I may have to fight for her free babysitting services.
Heather and the gang brimhalls

Anonymous said...

Wow...it seems like it might actually happen this time. It always seemed like you would end-up back in Utah eventually. And Melissa you're so adaptable, I can't imagine you would be unhappy even if you were moving to Siberia (not that Utah in anyway resembles Siberia for those of you touchy on the subject). You'd probably start a book club with the local Siberians, teach them how to play bunko and pioneer the first Siberian women's volleyball team (maybe you'd go pro?).

I DO agree with Heather, Grammy's at the top of the pro-Lubbock list, unless she's going back to Utah with you!! Now that Heather's got 3 grandkids to our 2 I don't think we would be much competition! We better get cracking...

Keep us posted!

~Angie

melissa smith said...

Grammy is not up for bids what is wrong with you people. She is mine now BACK OFF!!!!!

THE BRADY BUNCH said...

My vote is for UTAH!!! and bring Grammy with you!!! We miss you so just move here and then everyone else can miss you!!

Anonymous said...

NO NO NO and NO again!!! Your family has been such a wonderful addition to Lubbock and more so to the 2nd ward!!! I would miss you Melissa!!!

BugHunter said...

Wes' LAN Partys. Nuff said.

melissa smith said...

well they better pick up in regularity if we are moving across the country for that sole purpose

Matt "The Bull" said...

Stay tuned and check my blog
the bull
matt

melissa smith said...

how shameless using my blog as advertising.

Days of Our Lives said...

Maybe if we ever get a job we'd be closer to Utah and actually get to see you again - of course we'd miss you while we're still in Lubbock without you.

Utah is a place where everyone turns up at one time or another!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Being closer to me is my favorite Utah pro...and if they were in some kind of order I'm sure that would be at the top!:)

Andrea said...

Well, what's the point of me having a boy for Canyon to play with, if he's not here to play with him. I think that should seal the deal as much as having a job.

Melissa Wilson said...

I don't blame you for leaving Lubbock, heck, I would. BUT we will miss you here! Come visit our blog...

www.melandjoe.com

-Melissa Wilson

Melissa Wilson said...

I don't blame you for leaving Lubbock, heck, I would. BUT we will miss you here! Come visit our blog...

www.melandjoe.com

-Melissa Wilson

melissa smith said...

I don't need to advertise, i am just saying that any offical announcment will be on my BLOG; If any at all :)

Anonymous said...

Don't forget Daddy Vaughn and Coyote hunting...